Obtaining a Green Card through Marriage

In fiscal year 2012, USCIS adjudicated over 200,000 green card petitions for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens or permanent residents – including foreign born spouses.  These types of petitions are especially common in areas close to Mexico or Canada.  For example, the Buffalo field office processed 4,500 of these petitions for residents primarily along the Buffalo /Southern Ontario border.

In this video, U.S. Immigration Attorney, Rosanna Berardi, discusses issues relating to obtaining a green card by marrying a U.S. citizen. The discussion also provides an overview of the K-1 (“fiancee visa”) and K-3 visa categories.

Other articles relating to this topic can be found on our website:

Our Immigration Attorneys are ready to assist you with your marriage or family based immigration cases.  Call to schedule a consultation.

Write a Reply or Comment