Skip to main content

Berardi Blog

The Berardi Immigration Law blog – find all our posts here.

  • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Additional Information

     . Who is Eligible U.S. citizens who will be getting married to a foreign national in the United States may petition for a fiancé(e) classification (K-1) for their fiancé(e). You and your fiancé(e) must be free to marry. This means that both of you are unmarried, or that any previous marriages have ended through divorce, […]
    Read More
  • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Overview

    The K-1 visa permits the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States for a 90-day admission period in which the couple must marry and then apply for adjustment of status to permanent residence. The K-1 is actually a nonimmigrant visa classification designed to facilitate the admission of intending immigrants to the U.S. […]
    Read More
  • J-1 Exchange Visitors

    Obtaining an Exchange Visitor Visa According to the U.S. Department of State, the Exchange Visitor Program aims to: “Increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges.” Through the program, the U.S. government provides an unlimited number of exchange visitor visas, called […]
    Read More
  • Musicians, Athletes & Performers (O-1 & P-1)

    P-1 Athlete The P-1 classification applies to an alien coming to the U.S. temporarily to perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete , individually or as part of a group or team, at an internationally recognized level of performance. Petition Document Requirements A U.S. employer should file the I-129 petition with: A written […]
    Read More
  • Religious Workers (R-1)

    The R-1 classification applies to a religious worker . This is an alien coming to the U.S. temporarily to work: As a minister of religion, As a professional in a religious vocation or occupation, or For a bona fide nonprofit religious organization at the request of the organization, in a religious occupation which relates to […]
    Read More
  • Entering the U.S. as an Investor (E-1 & E-2)

    The E nonimmigrant visa category is intended for business owners, managers, and employees who seek to enter or remain in the U.S. to work for an enterprise engaged in trade between the U.S. and a foreign country. The E nonimmigrant category is only available if a “treaty of commerce and navigation” or a “bilateral investment […]
    Read More