Skip to main content

Tag: I130

  • Relationship Evidence for a Marriage-Based Green Card

    The first step of the marriage-based green card process is proving to the U.S. government that your marriage is bona fide. To do this, the U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident spouse must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) along with evidence demonstrating the legitimacy of your […]
    Read More
  • How Long Will It Take To Get A Green Card?

    Having a Green Card, officially known as a Permanent Resident Card, allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. How long does the process take? Senior Associate Attorney Gabriella Agostinelli explains there are many factors that dictate how long you will wait. Watch the video below for more details. If you have […]
    Read More
  • Preparing for Your Marriage-Based Green Card Interview

    Obtaining lawful permanent resident status by marriage to a U.S. citizen is a multi-step process. The first step of the marriage-based Green Card process involves the filing of Form I-130, Petition for Alien Resident, by the U.S. Citizen spouse...
    Read More
  • An In-Depth Look at Direct Consular Filing

    A foreign national living abroad will typically start the family-based or marriage-based green card process by filing a Form I-130 petition with United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). This petition will typically pend for about 6-12 months (subject to change) before an approval is issued. Once this petition is approved by USCIS, the application […]
    Read More
  • Marleen Pfeiffer & Juan Reyes US Green Card

    In May of 2016, Marleen Pfeiffer and her husband, Juan Reyes, reached out to Berardi Immigration Law. Marleen’s then fifteen-year-old son, Mads, was turned away from the U.S. border due to an accidental overstay on his ESTA. Mads was forced to remain in Denmark while his mother and step-father worked tirelessly to get him back […]
    Read More