In order to become a Naturalized Citizen, an applicant must first pass the Naturalization Test given at their N-400 interview. This test is compromised of two parts: (1) the Civics Test and (2) the English Language Test.
The Civics Test contains 100 questions but at the interview only 10 random questions will be asked. In order to pass this portion, the applicant must answer 6 out of the 10 questions correctly. For a list of the 100 questions and answers, please follow this link Study Materials for the Civics Test.
Study aids for the Civics portion of the test include:
- 100 Civics Questions and Answers (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Civics Flash Cards (English, Spanish)
- Videos, MP3 Audios (English and Spanish) and Practice Exercises
For the second portion of the Naturalization test, the applicant must successfully demonstrate their ability to read, write, and speak English. For information and study material on the English test, please go to Study Materials for the English Test.
Study aids for the English Language portion of the test include:
- Videos on the Naturalization Interview and Test and an Overview of the Naturalization Process
- Reading Vocabulary Flash Cards
- Writing Vocabulary Flash Cards
- Practice Tests