Our Community Involvement
Berardi Immigration Law believes in supporting our community and encourages our employees to do the same. The firm’s core values include supporting the community, having fun, and functioning as a team both in and outside the office! Our goal is to make positive contributions to the local community through a variety of charitable donations, sponsorships and other initiatives that help make a difference in peoples lives.
Totally Buffalo’s Hope for the Holidays
Totally Buffalo’s Hope for the Holidays is a nonprofit organization that strives to bring hope, particularly around holidays. They provide gifts, food, and supplies to those in need throughout the year to make each event brighter. They accept one-time donations, monthly commitments, or gifts of time. For more information, check out their website at totallybuffalohopefortheholidays.org.
- In 2022, we were a corporate sponsor for the ‘Concert for Cares’ event, which raised funds for Totally Buffalo Cares and their Case for Kids Campaign. All proceeds were used to buy Christmas presents for Western New York families in need. We also sponsored a family of five for Christmas through Totally Buffalo. One of the children is devastatingly going through Hospice care. We collected clothes, toys, blankets, and gift cards for the family in the hopes of bringing them a little Christmas spirit in these difficult times.
- In November 2021, the team sponsored two little girls in hospice care through Totally Buffalo Cares. Through our sponsorship we were able to provide them with a play pen, a highchair, diapers, baby food, clothing, and much more!
- In December 2019, the team at BIL stuffed 25 pillowcases with toys for the children on the Oncology floor of Oishei Childrens Hospital and donated bedding for WNY kids and families who are fighting cancer.
- In May 2019, Berardi Immigration Law donated $500 worth of Tim Horton’s Gift Cards for care packages that went to moms on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Oishei Childrens Hospital.
Special Spaces Buffalo
Special Spaces Buffalo is a nonprofit organization that creates dream bedrooms for children with life threatening illnesses. The goal is to create their very own special space a place for these children to heal, find peace, and just be kids. Special Spaces Buffalo is funded solely through the donations of individuals, companies, and organizations in the Western New York area. For more information, check out their website at http://specialspacesbuffalo.org/.
- In July 2021, Berardi surprised Connor with a special superhero-themed dream bedroom. Check out Connor’s excitement here.
- In November 2019, members of the BIL team enjoyed a fun night out supporting Special Spaces at their 2nd Annual Meat Raffle. Managing Partner, Rosanna Berardi, and Partner, Jennifer Behm, even got a turn spinning the wheel!
- In December 2018, the team at Berardi Immigration Law surprised 10 year old DAngelo with a video game themed bedroom. We were able to make over DAngelos familys bedrooms as well. You can see the big reveal here!
- In November 2017, our team surprised siblings, Payton and Benjamin, with an industrial themed bedroom makeover for Benjamin and an art studio for Payton.
- In November 2016, the team at Berardi Immigration Law surprised 11 year old Piper with a New York City themed bedroom makeover and an all-expense paid trip to see the city that inspired her dream.
- In November 2015, the Berardi team surprised 15 year old Kayla with a nautical themed bedroom makeover.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western New York
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western New York is a nonprofit organization which finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children. It is 100% funded by donations from the local Western New York Community. For more information, check out their website at http://rmhcwny.org/.
- In July 2022, we participated in the Annual Ronald McDonald House Charities 5k Run! The event was a major success raising over $80,000 for Western New York families with sick or injured children.
- In September 2021, Berardi Immigration Law sponsored the charity’s golf tournament at the Lancaster Country Club. The event was a major success raising nearly $87,000!
- In September 2020, Berardi Immigration Law had the honor of sponsoring the Ronald McDonald House Annual Gold Tournament at the Lancaster Country Club. Rosanna Berardi (Managing Partner), Jennifer Behm (Partner), and Zach Ahlstrom (Associate) represented the BIL firm and had a lot of fun playing a round for a good cause!
- In May 2020, in honor of our amazing clients and their continued support during the COVID-19 crisis, we donated meals and toys to 10-year-old Alicia, who has been staying at the Ronald McDonald House since October 2019. RMHC happily reported Alicia and her Mom absolutely loved it—Alicia had an incredible smile when she opened the boxes from BIL!
- In February 2020, the BIL team spent a wonderful night cooking a delicious Italian meal for our friends at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of WNY. Together, the team made baked pasta, meatballs, salad, garlic bread, brownies, and cookies!
- In April 2018, Berardi Immigration Law teamed up with RMHC to renovate and decorate a beach-themed bedroom and bathroom in their house, which provides a free place for families to stay together while seeking treatment for injured or very ill children in a welcoming and comfortable environment.
- In November 2017, BIL donated hundreds of non-perishable food items and supplies as part of the Ronald McDonald House Wish List drive.
- In October 2016, Berardi Immigration Law sponsored a bedroom makeover. The bedroom will be used by many different families who stay at the Ronald McDonald House.
- In July 2016, Berardi sponsored and participated in the 15th Annual Ronald McDonald House 5K Run/Walk.
- In January 2016, the team at Berardi Immigration Law participated in the Cooks for Kids program, which provides home-cooked meals to guest families. We made Mexican lasagna, rice and beans, guacamole, and cookie bars.
We sponsored and attended the Hope Rises: Shine Gold for the Kids event in September 2022. The proceeds of this event went to pediatric cancer patients and their families in the Western New York area in order to further research efforts, treatments, and protocols. Our team also provided several gift baskets and volunteered at the event. The event was a major success raising a total of $70,100!
We also sponsored a hole at the annual Putting Fore PKD Golf Tournament at the Diamond Hawk Golf Course. Two of our team members volunteered and played their hearts out! The 2022 tournament was a huge success and raised over $24,000 for the National Kidney Foundation!
Kevin Guest House
The Kevin Guest House is a nonprofit organization that provides patients and their families with a comfortable and supportive place to stay while receiving care from area hospitals. It is the first independent healthcare hospitality house in America, and it serves thousands of guests each year. For more information, check out their website at https://kevinguesthouse.com/.
- In March 2023, Berardi Immigration Law sponsored and organized a Luxury Purse Bingo event to benefit The Kevin Guest House. We hosted 320 women to play bingo and win/bid on designer purses and accessories! Through this event, $35,000 was raised for KGH!
- In 2022, we sponsored and attended the Kevin Guest House ‘Supper in the Street’ event. The proceeds of this event went to supporting the Kevin Guest House and their services in housing patients, outpatients, and their families who are receiving medical care in Buffalo.
- In September 2021, BIL sponsored the ‘Supper in the Street’ event and enjoyed a great dinner with great people! The firm also donated a VIP Tour to Disney World and raised $3,500 from that alone!
- In September 2020, Managing Partner, Rosanna Berardi hosted a “Supper on my Street” event at her house to support the Kevin Guest House. 12 members of the BIL team and their guests enjoyed a spectacular meal, all for a good cause!
- In September 2019, members of the BIL team attended Supper in the Street to benefit the Kevin Guest House. BIL was very happy to be a corporate sponsor for this wonderful event!
- In November 2018, Berardi Immigration Law was a bronze sponsor of the Affaire of the Heart, which raised over $8,000 to support the organizations mission throughout the year.
- In December 2017, Berardi Immigration Law sponsored a Kevin Guest House dinner by providing Italian food from LaBella Sicilia.