Skip to main content

Category: Green Cards

  • Special Recruitment for University Professors Under PERM (Labor Certification)

    What is Labor Certification and PERM? The Immigration and Nationality Act §212(a)(5)(A) requires individual labor certification by the U.S. Department of Labor before a foreign national enters the U.S. to perform skilled or unskilled labor.  The labor certification reports to the Attorney General that there are not sufficient U.S. workers available for the proposed employment, […]

    Read More
  • Diversity Lottery Program

    Green Card Lottery Each year, the Diversity Lottery (DV) Program makes 50,000 immigrant visas available through a lottery to people who come from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.  Please note that Canadians are NOT eligible to enter this lottery. The law and regulations require that every diversity visa entrant must […]

    Read More
  • Employment-Based Immigration

    Obtaining permanent residency through employment is a multi-step process.  First, foreign nationals and employers must determine if the foreign national is eligible for lawful permanent residency under one of USCIS’ paths to lawful permanent residency. Second, most employment categories require that the U.S. employer complete a labor certification request (Form ETA 9089) for the applicant, […]

    Read More
  • Family-Based Immigration

    Obtaining permanent residency through a family member is a multi-step process.  First, an immigrant visa petition must be filed.  Form I-130 is a Petition for Alien Relative.  It is filed by the sponsoring relative for the immigrating beneficiary. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will either approve or deny the petition. If the I-130 petition is […]

    Read More
  • Entering the U.S. as an Investor (E-1 & E-2)

    The E nonimmigrant visa category is intended for business owners, managers, and employees who seek to enter or remain in the U.S. to work for an enterprise engaged in trade between the U.S. and a foreign country. The E nonimmigrant category is only available if a “treaty of commerce and navigation” or a “bilateral investment […]

    Read More