Skip to main content

Category: Study In The US

  • DHS proposes changes to OPT period

    Foreign students and graduates, take note: you may be able to work in the U.S. for longer. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is aiming to improve the optional practical training program (OPT), which allows foreign students or graduates to temporarily work in the U.S. This program gives them the chance to further their education […]
    Read More
  • SEVP Approved Schools as of December 28, 2010

    United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) recently updated their list of Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approved schools. The schools listed have all been certified to participate in the program.  The program allows foreign students interested in obtaining an education in the United States to complete a visa petition, pay the required fee, […]
    Read More
  • SEVP Certification

    The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) School Certification Branch (SCB) is responsible for evaluating petitions submitted by insititutions wishing to be approved by the Department of Homeland Security for attendance by nonimmigrant students. Nonimmigrant students who come to the United States to pursue full-time academic or vocational/technical training are usually admitted in one of two nonimmigrant […]
    Read More
  • (Presentation) Case Study: Immigration Options for Students

    Click on the links below to access a powerpoint presentation on Immigration Options for Students.  The presentatiion is broken down into two parts. Case Study Part 1 of 2 Case Study Part 2 of 2
    Read More
  • Work Options for Foreign Students

    OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING As an international student, you may be able to work in the U.S. in conjunction with your studies. Work authorization for international students is known as Optional Practical Training (“OPT”). OPT is intended to enhance a student’s academic experience with practical, on-the-job training. You may be eligible for OPT if: OPT can […]
    Read More
  • Becoming a Student in the U.S.

    Who is Allowed to Study in the United States ? A nonimmigrant is someone admitted to the U.S. temporarily for a specific purpose. People who are coming to the United States to pursue full-time academic or vocational studies are usually admitted in one of two nonimmigrant categories. The F-1 category includes academic students in colleges, […]
    Read More