Skip to main content

Crossing the Border: Form I-751 Processing Times

Conditional green cards are issued to foreign nationals who, at the time of filing a marriage-based green card, have been married to their U.S. citizen spouse for less than two years. A conditional green card is only valid for two years.

To remove the conditions on residence and obtain a 10-year green card, you and your U.S. citizen spouse will need to jointly file Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence. You will need to submit evidence of your relationship to prove that you entered your marriage in good faith and did not use marriage to circumvent U.S. immigration laws. Such evidence may include copies of joint leases, joint bank account statements, proof that you have children together, etc.

Watch the video below and read more on the Berardi Blog. If you have any questions, contact Berardi Immigration Law today.