Fourth of July Travel Tips
Our fun-filled, celebratory holiday is approaching us! What do you have planned? Barbecue with family, boat ride with friends, or just kicking back with a cool drink to watch the fireworks? We, at Berardi Immigration Law, hope you enjoy a safe holiday with whatever venture you might find yourself on.
If you are traveling for the holiday, we want to ensure that everything runs smoothly for you, so that packing the cooler is the only worry on your mind. Here are some travel tips for a smooth journey!
- Confirm valid passport: If you are traveling internationally, make sure that your passport has not expired! Many countries follow the 6-month validity rule, so please be certain that your passport does not expire within 6 months of your departure date.
- Arrive early: Traveling before, during, or after a holiday can be hectic. We suggest getting to the airport at least two hours early. It’s important to allow yourself time to park, get your boarding pass, check your luggage, and go through security.
- Stay connected: Allow text notifications from airlines or download their app on your phone. This will let you receive realtime flight status updates on delays, baggage numbers, and more.
- Comply with the TSA: Pack your bottles of booze in your checked luggage. You must also be mindful of the TSA liquids rule – you are limited to 3.4 oz or less per item that fits in one quart-sized bag.
- Don’t forget! Now that we all rely on our phones, tablets, laptops, etc., make sure you pack each of those charging cords. Additionally, don’t forget to pack any medication you may be taking. And yes, you can bring it with you in your carry-on bag.
- Don’t get hangry: Avoid paying for those pricey airport snacks and bring your own! If you are traveling with kids, you might as well bring the whole pantry with you. Tip: Pack an empty water bottle to fill up past security.
Berardi Immigration Law wishes you a safe and happy holiday. If you are crossing the border and have questions, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys today!