Skip to main content

Tag: EAD

  • How Visitors to the U.S. Can Bring Domestic or Personal Servants

    If you are in the process of coming to the United States on a temporary nonimmigrant visa or if you are already in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa, you may be able to bring not only your family members, but also your nanny, maid, cook, and other domestic or personal employees. They may qualify […]
    Read More
  • What is an ‘A-Number?’

    Foreign nationals applying for status in the United States with USCIS have likely seen the term, “A-Number.” Many people wonder what this term refers to as it appears on virtually every USCIS form. The “A-Number” stands for Alien Registration Number. It may also be referred to as an “Alien Number” or “USCIS Number.” This number […]
    Read More
  • H-4 Dependent Spouses May Now Apply for Employment Authorization

    USCIS put into effect a new rule on May 26, 2015, allowing certain H-4 spouses to apply for work authorization. Previously, USCIS did not provide work authorization to any H-4 spouses. Since last Tuesday, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) began accepting applications for employment authorization from H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are seeking employment-based […]
    Read More
  • DHS Extending Eligibility for Employment Authorization to Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses of H-1B Nonimmigrants

    Change to reduce economic burdens, personal stresses experienced by many USCIS Director Leon Rodriguez announced today that effective May 26, 2015, the Department of Homeland Security is extending eligibility for employment authorization to certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are seeking employment-based lawful permanent residence. DHS has amended the regulations to allow these […]
    Read More