Skip to main content

Using a Credit Card to Pay USCIS Filing Fees

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently announced that it has implemented credit card payment options for the filing fees associated with most of its forms. The new payment method is now available for the 41 fee-based forms processed at USCIS Lockbox facilities. All 41 fee-based forms are available to download at
In addition, individuals applying for naturalization and those seeking to renew or replace their Green Cards can use a credit card when they file online. USCIS also accepts credit card payments for naturalization forms filed at Lockbox facilities.
How it Works
In order to pay via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover), applicants will need to use Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transaction. This one-page form includes basic identifying information and is used by USCIS to authorize credit card payments. Please note: USCIS is unable to process credit card payments without an authorized signature, and failure to submit Form G-1450 may result in USCIS and your financial institution not accepting the payment. It is also important to keep in mind that Form G-1450 may only be used with a form being submitted to a USCIS Lockbox. A USCIS Field Office will not accept Form G-1450.
Protecting Applicants Credit Card Information
USCIS is taking measures to safeguard sensitive credit card information. Once a payment is received, the credit card data will be entered into the system, which is operated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. At that point, Form G-1450 will then be destroyed to protect an applicant’s personal credit card information.
If you are interested in immigrating to the United States, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys today!