Skip to main content

Vacation? Business Trip? How to Enter Canada with a Criminal Record

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) allows an individual to enter and/or stay in Canada for a specific period of time if a valid reason for entry can be established. A TRP is typically granted for one off, short trips. A TRP is a temporary solution to the 10 year ban on admissibility, but it provides individuals with an avenue for redress while they wait for a permanent solution to become available. TRPs are used in emergency situations, such as family illnesses or deaths.

Watch the video below on how to enter Canada with a criminal record and find out more about DWI Entry to Canada here. If you have any questions, contact Berardi Immigration Law today. We would love to hear from you.