Skip to main content

Category: Marriage In The US

  • Immigrant Visa Processing

    An immigrant visa is a permanent visa, otherwise known as the “green card”. This process allows the foreign spouse and/or unmarried, dependent children of a U.S. citizen to live and work permanently upon entry into the United States. An immigrant visa is issued to the spouse of a U.S. citizen provided that: a) the beneficiary […]
    Read More
  • K-3 Marriage Visa Overview

      The K-3 visa permits the spouse and unmarried, dependent children of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. as nonimmigrants and adjust to permanent resident status later provided they are the beneficiaries of a pending or approved alien relative petition. The application process is very similar to the K-1. Once the petition for alien […]
    Read More
  • Bringing your Spouse to the U.S.

      Information for Citizens If you are a U.S. citizen, your spouse is considered an immediate relative and is immediately eligible for an immigrant visa if your petition is approved. Generally, if your spouse is in the U.S. (through a lawful admission or parole) at the time you file the Form I-130, Petition for Alien […]
    Read More
  • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Additional Information

     . Who is Eligible U.S. citizens who will be getting married to a foreign national in the United States may petition for a fiancé(e) classification (K-1) for their fiancé(e). You and your fiancé(e) must be free to marry. This means that both of you are unmarried, or that any previous marriages have ended through divorce, […]
    Read More
  • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Overview

    The K-1 visa permits the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States for a 90-day admission period in which the couple must marry and then apply for adjustment of status to permanent residence. The K-1 is actually a nonimmigrant visa classification designed to facilitate the admission of intending immigrants to the U.S. […]
    Read More