Skip to main content

Tag: Derivative Citizenship

  • Crossing the Border: Derivative Citizenship

    Citizenship given to children under the naturalization of parents is referred to as “derivative citizenship” or “citizenship through derivation.” In certain circumstances, derivative citizenship can also be conveyed to foreign-born children adopted by U.S. citizen parents. Watch the video below for more and, if you have any questions, contact Berardi Immigration Law today.
    Read More
  • U.S. Citizenship for Children Born Abroad: Things to Know

    The United States in one of 30 countries around the world that offers birthright citizenship to any person born on U.S. soil. Birth in the United States is the most straightforward way one can acquire U.S. citizenship, but it is not the only way...
    Read More