Apprehension: The arrest of a removable alien by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Each apprehension of the same alien in a fiscal year is counted separately. Cancellation of Removal: A discretionary benefit adjusting an alien’s status from that of deportable alien to one lawfully admitted for permanent residence. Application for cancellation of removal is […]Read More
Recent Blog Posts
- Removal Proceedings Basic Terms
- Special Recruitment for University Professors Under PERM (Labor Certification)
- Diversity Lottery Program
- Employment-Based Immigration
- Family-Based Immigration
- Work Options for Foreign Students
- Becoming a Student in the U.S.
- Bringing your Spouse to the U.S.
- K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Additional Information
- K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Overview
- J-1 Exchange Visitors
- Musicians, Athletes & Performers (O-1 & P-1)
- Religious Workers (R-1)
- Entering the U.S. as an Investor (E-1 & E-2)